What You Should Know:
– Microsoft Teams joins Epic App Orchard
Marketplace to enable clinicians to launch a virtual patient visit or
consultation with another provider in Teams directly from the EHR system.
– By integrating Epic’s context-aware linking, this solution helps clinicians embed Microsoft Teams’ meeting capabilities directly into the EHR.
Teams has joined Epic’s
App Orchard marketplace to power telehealth workflows within a provider’s
organizations through its Microsoft Teams EHR connector. The new EHR integration with
Epic is a response to the global pandemic as many healthcare organizations have
ramped up their telehealth offerings leveraging Microsoft Teams.
Epic App Orchard Integration Features
Having Microsoft Teams available via App Orchard will allow
clinicians and patients to launch a virtual patient visit or consult with
another provider in Teams directly from their EHR system. The communication and
collaboration platform of Teams makes it easy for clinicians to cut through the
clutter of traditionally fragmented systems so they can spend time providing
the best possible care. Built on the Microsoft 365 cloud, Microsoft Teams
enables simple, secure collaboration and communication with chat, video, voice,
and healthcare tools in a single hub that supports compliance with HIPAA,
HITECH certification, and more.
Other key benefits for patients and providers include:
• Improved access to care through virtual visits
• Less confusion with no application download or complex
• Convenience of launching a virtual visit through a web
browser or mobile devices
• Ease of use through the seamless scheduling and launching
of meetings from their provider portals • Notifications via provider portal of
patients or providers joining scheduled meetings
• Multi-participant support
• Improved peace of mind around the security and compliance
of patient data